Click on the icon next to the name to navigate to the overview page of the person.
Xc. Cornelis Kolff (De Colve III) (History) (15 Mayors) (Coat of Arms), born Maassluis 3 Aug. 1685, notary public at The Hague 1704-1710, at Middelharnis 1710-1741, secretary 1710-dec., and bailiff 1713- there, mayor of Maassluis 1746-1747, deceased there 23 Dec. 1759, married 1st Maassluis 18 June 1710 Catharina van Oosterwijk, baptized Maassluis 15 Jan. 1681, deceased Middelharnis 20 Dec. 1738, dr. Lambertus and Maria van der Meer, married 2nd IJsselstein 28 Oct. 1739 Sara Post, baptized Willemstad 2 Apr. 1679, buried Maassluis 21 Apr. 1770, daughter of Willem and Rachel Vay and wid. of 1st Casparus van Ameyde and 2nd Joseph de Lussanet.
From the first marriage:
2. Maria Kolff, born Middelharnis 14 May 1714, deceased there 6 June 1714.
XIc. Gualtherus Kolff (History), born Middelharnis 1 Apr. 1711, notary public 1729-1739, subst.-secretary 1729-1739 and bailiff 1731-(1739) of Dirksland, notary public 1740-1775, subst.-secretary 1739-1759, secretary 1759-dec. and bailiff 1740-dec. of Middelharnis, deceased Schiedam 16 (buried Rotterdam 21) Dec. 1789, married Rotterdam 7 Sept. 1735 Alida Vosmaer, born Rotterdam 9 Sept. 1712, deceased there 27 June 1789, dr. of Jacob and Quirine van der Elst.
From this marriage:
1. Catharina Kolff, born Dirksland 21 June 1736, deceased Middelharnis 26 Sept. 1741.
2. Mr. Jacob van Santen, Heer van (Lord of) Middelharnis (change of name [see in blue, below] Kolff to Van Santen Kolff, act of notary public at The Hague, reg. by public notary L. Bijland, 30 Dec. 1744) (De Colve XV), born Dirksland 12 June 1738, j.u.d. Leiden 1761, member of the town council 1767- and magistrate 1768 at Schiedam, deceased The Hague 10 July 1768, married The Hague 29 March 1768 Susanna Elisabeth Vosmaer, born The Hague 1 March 1748, deceased there 19 May 1823, daughter of Jacob and Louisa Mosburger; she remarried The Hague 9 Nov. 1783 Jacob Dirk Heyns (see for continuation name Van Santen Kolff: Jacob van Santen Kolff, son of Cornelis, see 4. below).
3. Sara Cornelia Kolff, born Middelharnis 11 Oct. 1740, deceased Rotterdam 5 May 1802, married Middelharnis 8 Dec. 1760 Dr. Iman Jacob van den Bosch, born Tholen 6 Feb. 1731, med.dr. Leiden 1757, gen. practicioner at Sommelsdijk, at The Hague, writer on medical subjects, deceased The Hague 27 May 1788, son of Cornelis and Barbara ’t Hooft.
9. Catharina Quirina Kolff, bapt. Middelharnis 22 Jan. 1755, Rotterdam 18 Dec. 1817, (d. not stated), tr. Rotterdam Aug 18, 1776 Barthold Suermondt, b. Rotterdam 30 July 1743, sea trader, ships 1787, 1788, master of leprosy 1788-1794, captain of the civic guard 1787-1793 in Rotterdam, died. dated March 12, 1825, n. by Evert and Helena Boel.
Change of name from Kolff to Van Santen Kolff: Jacob became universal heir of Jacob van Santen, Heer van (Lord of) Middelharnis, on the condition that he would take his name and coat of arms. (see also De Colve XV).